Asset-Importer-Lib is ...
- Written in portable, ISO-compliant C++ ( C++11 supported )
- Easily configurable and customizable build chain via cmake
- Core interface / API is provided for both C++ and C
- Easy to configure Post-processing pipeline
- Command-line interface to perform common operations (i.e. quick file stats, convert models, extract embedded textures) from the shell
- Imports bones, vertex weights and animations (i.e. skinning, skeletal animations)
- Loads multiple UV and vertex color channels (current limit is 8)
- Works well with UNICODE input files
- Supports complex multi-layer materials
- Supports embedded textures, both compressed (e.g. PNG) or just raw color data
- No external dependencies (zlib, zlib and irrxml are also needed, but they're included in the repository so you don't need to bother).
- Due to its export interface, Assimp serves as general-purpose 3D model converter
- (Just because of its name: Assimp renders your program sexier)